Whew, It's been a while

Hello Friends, I have been gone for a long time now and I think it's time for me to get it in gear and share what I have been up to the last couple of months. Well, first things first, I am on summer break right now, Woo Hoo!!!!! Oh, did I think that out loud? LOL! Well, I was very ready for summer break. So, on top of being on summer break, I did get a part time summer job, I am a cashier at (drum roll please.....)  Hobby Lobby. Concord, Calif. finally got a Hobby Lobby. It's a fun place to work and we are closed on Sundays so I wont miss the swap meet that my husband and I go to every week, yayyyyyy!  It is so much fun to see the new paper crafting goodies that come in and even better is getting my crafty,inky little chubby fingers on all of the Clearance goodness! Even though we are a newly opened store, We have the most beautiful clearance wall. I try to refrain but c'mon, it would be so wrong for me to pass up a Tim Holtz banner die for $2.00, Now wouldn't it? 
So, anyways, that is how I have been spending my summer break so far, I actually started working at HL in May so I was really really part time but now that break is here I am working not too shabby hrs. 3 days a week 8-5.
So, onto my crafting, I have a couple of swaps that I have been working on. One was a 4th. of July Shabby Chic #8 tag. 
This is the tag that I made for a swap I hosted on "Swap-Bot"  I had fun working on this one.Not only was I hosting the swap but my really sweet friend Shawnee was my partner.
 For the string of flat back pearls that are on there in red,white & Blue, I actually didn't have any blue ones so I threw some white ones in a zip lock baggie and squirted some Adirondack alcohol ink in the color "sail boat blue" and let it sit for a while and Voila, red,white & "Blue" flat back pearls. 
The flags that I used are ones that I got at HL. They are actually made for cupcakes but they were perfect for what I needed them for. 
As for the scrabble letters, USA, I actually purchased 2 scrabble games at the flea market, 1 for $1.00 and 1 for 75¢ and all I wanted were the letters. Not too shabby for $1.75!  oh how I love the flea market!

Well Friends, That is about all I have for now. I will however be back tomorrow night to share another swap that I am in before I send it off! Have a safe and wonderful Friday night! 

Comments

Pat said…
Welcome back to blogland, Dannette! Your red, white and blue project turned out wonderfully. Now that you're "back", I have a blog hop offer for you. Can you email me at patacake1956@yahoo.com?

Popular posts from this blog

It's time for some Candy!!!

I hit 3K, Check out my candy

Splitcoast Color Challenge